Site news

Weekly Update

Picture of Grant Reilly
Weekly Update
by Grant Reilly - Saturday, 23 June 2018, 12:26 PM

Dear Families,

Thank you for all the warm wishes many of you have sent my way over the last two weeks. I truly feel honoured to have served as the Principal of this amazing school. Of course, schools by themselves are just buildings, it is the people inside and the people surrounding the outside of the school that make an environment amazing. So thank you for supporting the work that our staff has done over the three years that I have been here. I have been so blessed to see the wonderful smiles of your brilliant kids each day, which is something I will miss very much. If I don’t see you this week, have a terrific summer filled with warmth, happiness and an abundance of laughter.

Grant

Here are some reminders for this last week of school:

1. Mrs. Bertoncini’s and Mr. Dhaliwal’s classes are heading to Westsyde Pool Monday afternoon.

2. Fun Day is Tuesday. The theme for the day is 70s Disco! Students will be rotating to 10 different stations throughout the day and all stations are outside, so please be ensure your child has sunscreen and a hat for the day. There is a concession open to all students on this day. Items for sale include: hot dogs, pop, chips, donuts, and candy bags. The cost for all items is $1.00 each.

3. The Grade 7 Goodbye Dinner is Tuesday evening at the Dunes. The doors open at 5:30 and the dinner starts at 6:00.

4. Thursday is the last day of school for students. All students will be dismissed at 12 pm on Thursday. Students will receive their final report card at this time.

5. Thursday is our Awards Assembly. The assembly starts at 10:15 this year.

6. Students are not in school on Friday.

Last Week Requests and Reminders:

• We are missing 3 Arthur Stevenson Cobra jerseys. Each jersey is $50 to replace, which is very costly so please check with your child to be sure there isn’t a jersey hanging around in any closets or clothes drawers.

• Thursday after lunch all of our lost and found clothes will be bagged up and sent to Found 4 Kids to be given to families in need of support. So, if your child is missing clothing, please be sure to go through the Lost and Found before Thursday afternoon.