Site news

Weekly Update

Picture of Grant Reilly
Weekly Update
by Grant Reilly - Sunday, 10 June 2018, 7:21 PM

Dear Families,

• I will be away from the school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week as I am undergoing a medical procedure and will not be available by phone or email. Deanna Steptoe, the current vice principal of Lloyd George, will be covering for my absence during these three days. Deanna can be contacted by email at dsteptoe@sd73.bc.ca.

• I found out on Friday that I will not be returning to Arthur Stevenson next year, as I moving to Dallas Elementary. A new principal has not yet been appointed to Arthur Stevenson for next year. I feel honoured to have served the students and families at Arthur Stevenson during these last three years and will miss working with all of you.

1. Ms. Sorensen’s and Mrs. Bale’s classes are heading to the Wildlife Park Monday.

2. Ms. Kovacs’ and Mrs. Bale’s classes are going to the Kamloops Airport on Tuesday.

3. Ms. Parker’s class is heading to the Hamlets in Westsyde Tuesday morning.

4. Mrs. Finley’s, Mr. Scott’s and Mrs. Drobot’s classes are leaving for Eagle Bay Wednesday. Students will return to school on Friday and will be dismissed at 12 upon their arrival back at Arthur Stevenson.

5. Ms. McLean’s, Mr. Dhaliwal’s, and Mrs. Bertoncini’s classes are going to McQueen Lake on Thursday.

6. Ms. Parker’s class is going to Big Little Science Centre Friday morning.

Upcoming/Reminders:

• The last day of school for students is Thursday, June 28th. Students will be dismissed at 12:00 pm on this day.

• Arthur Stevenson’s Fun Day is Tuesday, June 26th. All students will be participating in  mixed grade groupings. A concession is available for all students.

Have a fabulous week.

Mr. Reilly