Thanks to all the parents, grandparents and family members who came to the school last Friday to participate in our Gallery Walk. There were a number of interesting cardboard designs and projects on display and our students really appreciated the opportunity to share their projects with you.
1. There is an Art Starts performance this Monday starting at 1:30 pm. The performance is titled, Speed Control. All students will be participating in this performance.
2. Our February PAC meeting is Monday evening starting at 6:30 in our school library. As always, babysitting is available.
3. Basketball on Tuesday: Tier 1 Boys travel to Barriere. Tier 2 Boys host Barriere in our gym.
4. Ms. Day’s class is on a field trip Tuesday morning to the Big Little Science Centre.
5. Wednesday is Character Day. Students are encouraged to dress up as their favourite book or movie character.
6. Ms. Day’s class is on a field trip Thursday morning to the Big Little Science Centre.
7. Mrs. Hawkings’ class is on a field Thursday morning to the Big Little Science Centre.
8. Basketball on Thursday: Tier 1 Girls host Barriere in our gym.
9. Students in Mr. Dhaliwal’s, Mrs. Bertoncini’s, and Ms. Sorensen’s classes go skating Friday morning.
10. PAC organized hot lunch is this Friday (Pizza).
11. A reminder that next Monday (Feb. 12th) is the Family Day Holiday, so the school will be closed. Have a great long weekend!
Your Support is Needed - Please read the message below regarding the BC Winter Games
I am the Dorm Captain for WSS during the upcoming BC Winter Games, and I am hoping you can pass this along to your staff, PAC and community.
As part of the BC Winter Games (Feb 22-25) we are hosting athletes at local high schools - including Westsyde Secondary. We are extremely low on volunteer dorm hosts for our accommodations team at WSS! We need dorm host volunteers at all hours of the day. Teens can volunteer, but parent needs to sign an underage volunteer form - teens would be assigned to work with a responsible adult.
Duties are general in nature and include maintaining a warm, welcoming and health accommodation site, assist participants with signing in and out, provide general assistance to participants and coaches, as well as general supervision. (Coaches are responsible to monitor participant behaviour.)
Volunteers can register at the link below.
IMPORTANT: Under "Volunteer Information", select your 1st choice as "Accommodations - Dorm Management". When you are called by the volunteer coordinator, you would then request Westsyde Secondary.
Please feel free to pass this along to any groups/individuals that can help us at WSS.
Kindergarten registration for Arthur Stevenson, begins on February 13th and runs until February 16th.
Have a terrific week!