Site news

Weekly Update

Picture of Grant Reilly
Weekly Update
by Grant Reilly - Monday, 4 September 2017, 2:17 PM

Dear Families,

On behalf of our amazing staff at Arthur Stevenson, I would like to welcome all families, both new and returning, to our wonderful school. Each week I provide a short email updating families of upcoming events and important dates.

Here are your updates for the first week of the 2017.18 school year.

1. First day of school for students in grades 1 to 7 is tomorrow, Tuesday (5th). School opens at 10:30 and students are dismissed at 12:00. Students will be returning to their teacher from last year.

2. Wednesday is the first full school day for students in grades 1 to 7. Classes start at 8:30 and students are dismissed at 2:30. Lunch is from 11:50 to 12:50, with students playing first and then coming into eat at 12:30.

3. Staff will place students into grade groupings for Wednesday and Thursday. During these days, students will spend time learning about our school’s behaviour matrix (R.O.C.K.S.) and working on how to recognize and regulate their emotions and feelings using the Zones of Regulation program (this is one of our school’s learning goals).

4. We anticipate needing more time than usual this year to finalize our classrooms due to a large volume of students coming into our school community during the summer. Our hope is to have students finalized into their classrooms by Monday, September 11th, however it could definitely take a few days longer).

5. Our incoming Kindergarten students will start their individualized gradual entry to school on either Wednesday or Thursday and continue until early next week. The first full day of Kindergarten will be Wednesday, Sept. 13th.

6. Our first school Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meeting is Monday, September 11th at 6:30 in our school library. Childminding is available.

Have a fabulous week and I look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces tomorrow!

Mr. Reilly