Site news

First Week Back!

Picture of Grant Reilly
First Week Back!
by Grant Reilly - Friday, 1 September 2017, 2:56 PM

Dear Families,

Greetings from Arthur Stevenson Elementary. As I type I don't see any smoke out my office window, so hopefully it stays away for good. I also hope that everyone enjoyed a safe summer and you had the opportunity to spend some time with friends and family and laughed often. 

Some information for next week:

The school will open its doors to students at 10:30 on Tuesday. This first day is for students in grades 1 to 7 only, as students coming into Kindergarten have an individualized gradual entry plan. On Tuesday, students will return to their classroom teacher from last year. All new students to our building will meet in the library where we will have teachers ready to tour kids around our school. Students will be dismissed at 12 on Tuesday, so please be sure to make appropriate arrangements. We have had a very healthy influx of new students and families into our school community. This, coupled with the unknown of who might have moved away, always presents a challenge for schools at the start of the year. This year is no exception and we will ask for your patience as we will most likely take the first week before classroom placements are finalized. 

Have a wonderful last long weekend of Summer and see you Tuesday!

Mr. Reilly