Site news

Monday Evening Synrevoice

Picture of Grant Reilly
Monday Evening Synrevoice
by Grant Reilly - Sunday, 6 September 2015, 1:47 PM

The following message will go home to families Monday evening:

Good evening families. This is Grant Reilly, principal of Arthur Stevenson. I would like to welcome students and parents back to Arthur Stevenson for the upcoming school year. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is the first day of school for students in grades 1 through 7. The first day of school is a shortened day, with doors opening at 10:20 and students returning to their last year's teacher at 10:30. At 11:30, staff and students will gather in the gym. At this time, I will introduce this year's school staff to students and any parents who wish to attend. Students will be dismissed at 12:00 on Tuesday. The first full day of school starts on Wednesday, with classes starting at 8:30 and students being dismissed at 2:30. We are hopeful that students will be placed in their classrooms by Wednesday morning, however, we had a number of registrations last week which will cause the reorganization of some classrooms. We ask that you are patient with us during the first week, so that we can ensure we create classes that are positive learning environments. Kindergarten students follow a gradual entry and parents of incoming kindergarten students should have their child's specific entry plan. I look forward with great excitement and positivity to the first day and the upcoming school year. Thank you.

Mr. Reilly