Site news

Synrevoice Message to Parents January 5th 5:00 pm

Picture of Carol Robb
Synrevoice Message to Parents January 5th 5:00 pm
by Carol Robb - Friday, 3 January 2014, 1:18 PM

WELCOME BACK TO 2014 Everyone!

Looking forward to seeing all the kids back January 6 for door opening at 8:20 am!

A call will come home to parents on Jan.5 at 5:00 pm with the following weekly messages:

1. Please remember to send back inside shoes, gymstrip and any library books that were taken home over the holidays

2.CHOICE DAY SCHEDULE BEGINS Monday January 6th! Thanks to all teachers and parents for making this happen for our children. Kids will have a choice each lunch hour from 12:15 to 12:55 as to what preferred activity they would like to do with their friends. Going outside is still encouraged, but now students can attend a doodle club, games room, academic intervention spot, reading room, hackey sack club, play chess or much, much more. Talk to your child daily about what their lunch hour looked like!

3. The JANUARY NEWSLETTER will come home later this week. As always it will be posted to the website as well.

4. JAN.6-17th our school is participating in the HEAP THE HONDA book drive.

Please bring in books your children no longer read and we will be donating them to children across the city who do not have the luxury of new books on a regular basis. Thanks for your support. Books can be brought to our library and Ms. Mulhern will be in charge of having the HONDA TRUCK come pick them up!

5. JANUARY is also LITERACY MONTH. Jan.13-17 is UNPLUG AND PLAY WEEK. Please encourage your child to put away the gadgets and not turn on the television. They should try to read and play outside or play board games.

6. THERE IS NO PAC MEETING in January. PAC decided to cancel the January meeting. Please feel free to email them any questions or concerns at arthurstevenson.pac@gmail.com

7. Thanks to all the parents that have emailed me about the graffiti over the holidays. I know the school was hit hard and I have contacted the district to hopefully take care of it before the children arrive back Monday morning.

8. GOAL for the WEEK- Very fitting with the start of 2014

"EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT STARTS WITH A DECISION TO TRY"

Thanks everyone!

Ms. Robb